Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – THE TOILET HYGIENE
1. Meaning of Toilet Hygiene
2. Types of Toilet
3. Item Found in a Toilet
4. Simple Demonstration of Toilet Hygiene
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify types of toilets.
2. mention different types of toilets.
3. mention items found in a toilet.
4. state ways of maintaining toilet hygiene.
5. use the toilet correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A chart showing types of toilets, water, soap, toilet paper and towel for drying the hands.
2. School toilet.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks pupils to state different parts of the home, notes their points on the board.
PARTS OF A HOME
1. Sitting/living room
Teacher’s Activities – Engages the pupils to describe different parts of the room. Asks them, how to properly use the TOILET.
PROPER USE OF TOILET
1. Flush the toilet after use.
2. Wash your hands after using the toilet.
3. Wash the toilet regularly.
4. Always close the door of the toilet.
Teacher’s Remark – Toilet hygiene is the toilet that is safe for use.
TYPES OF TOILETS
1. Pit latrine toilet
2. Bucket toilet
3. Water system
ITEMS FOUND IN A TOILET
SIMPLE TOILET HYGIENE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Practical Demonstration on Simple Toilet Hygiene
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display a picture of a pit toilet, a water system, an open air or bush toilet.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the different types if there more than one type.
3. Demonstrate the proper use of the toilet.
4. Take pupils to visit the school toilets.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the school toilet with the teacher.
5. Assess pupils performance in the practical.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to clean the toilet and bathroom.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify two different types of toilets from the chart.
2. mention two items found in a toilet.
3. state two positions that can be used when using the toilet.
5. mention two simple ways of observing toilet hygiene.