Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – THE HOME AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning and Types of Dirt
3. Classroom Decoration
4. Cleaning Demonstration
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify dirt and dust.
2. remove dirt and dust from surfaces.
3. make paper decorations for home.
4. clean surroundings of the home.
People and their Environment
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Things within and around us.
1. Things to bring for display:
– waste paper basket, broom.
– dust pan or bin
– clean duster or a piece of clean cloth
– flower pots/tin
– seeds, seedlings
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF DIRTY IN CLASSROOM AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Leads pupils to identify and pick dirt in classroom or in the environment.
TYPES OF DIRT
1. Pieces of paper.
3. Dust, etc.
CLEANING OF DIRT
3. Dusting, etc.
PAPER DECORATIONS TO BEAUTIFY THE HOME
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Class Decoration
WAYS OF CLEANING THE SURROUNDING OF THE HOME
Pupil’s Activities – Practical Demonstration of Cleaning of the Home
6. Cutting the grass or trees
7. Arranging things in order
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify dirt in classroom or in the environment.
3. Leads pupils to picks dirt within the land outside the classroom.
Pupil’s Activities – Pick dirt within and outside classroom. Dust surfaces in the classroom.
4. Demonstrates how to sweep the floor.
Pupil’s Activities – Sweep their classroom and surroundings.
5. Takes pupils outside to plant some flowers either in pots or on flower beds.
Pupil’s Activities – Plant and water flowers in and outside the classroom.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Make different paper decorations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two type of dirt.
2. show how to remove dirt and dusts.
3. teacher to score decorations produced by pupils.