Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEATHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – BATHING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons for Washing the Body
3. When to take Bath
4. Steps in taking a Bath
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state reasons for washing the body.
2. state when to take a bath.
3. describe the steps in taking a bath.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Bucket of water, bowl, soap, sponge, towel, etc.
2. Relevant pictures and charts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays some materials used for bathing for pupils to identify and state the main uses. Asks them to state the reasons for washing the body.
REASONS FOR WASHING THE BODY
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guides pupils to discuss the reasons for washing our body.
1. To look good and beautiful.
2. To maintain beautiful skin.
3. To prevent body odour.
4. To stay healthy.
5. To prevent skin diseases.
WHEN TO WASH THE BODY
1. When we wake up in the morning.
2. After work or school.
3. After play.
4. After exercise.
5. When the body is dirty.
6. Before going to the bed in the night.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR BATHING
STEPS IN TAKING A BATH
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – State, Discuss and Demonstrate steps in taking bath.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses reasons for bathing and when to bath.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons for bathing and when to bath.
3. Demonstrates steps in taking bath.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate bathing using doll babies.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. give two reasons for taking bath.
2. mention when you wash.
3. state three steps in taking a bath.