Last Updated on January 24, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Skin Infections and Diseases | Prevention and Care of Skin Infections Primary 3 (Basic 3) Home Economics
TOPIC – CARE AND USES OF CLOTHES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Clothing
3. How to Care of Clothes
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the uses of clothing.
2. explain how to take care of clothes.
The pupils can identify clothes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Different clothes made from different fabrics.
2. Laundry materials e.g. soap. Water basin, detergent, etc.
3. Electric iron, charcoal iron.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display some clothes for the pupils to identify Ask the pupils to state the benefits of wearing clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to the teacher’s question.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board.
USES OF CLOTHES
1. Beautifying the body.
2. Keeping the body warm.
3. Protect body from dirt and infection.
4. Protect the body against harsh weather.
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Guide the pupils to state and discuss how to care for clothes. Listen to the them and note the points on the board.
CARE OF CLOTHES
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guide pupils to state and discuss the uses and care of clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – State and discuss the uses and care of clothes.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. state 3 uses of clothes.
2. mention 3 ways to care for clothes.