Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 1 – WEEK 12
THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – VOCABULARY ACQUISITION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name some basic word categories e.g. foods, colours, shapes, etc. and
2. recognise and use abbreviations in simple sentences.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Short books
2. Text books
3. Picture books
4. Word cards
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
READING VOCABULARY ACQUISITION
5. Toys, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses pictures to lead pupils to –
- identify word categories, and
- groups words into the different categories.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Match pictures to words read aloud.
- Participates in Picture-Word matching game.
- Identify word families and sort words into categories/families.
3. Read stories to pupils and check their understanding by making them use key words in the story in a new sentence.
Pupil’s Activities – Construct sentences using key words in the stories read.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify word categories.
2. group words based on word categories correctly.