Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – VOCABULARY ACQUISITION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain meaning of new words in content- specific texts correctly.
2. use of new vocabulary and grammatical constructions in own speech.
3. recognises and understands the meaning of 100 – 300 new words and
4. manipulate word families.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Short books
2. Text books
3. Picture books
4. Word cards
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF CONTENT SPECIFIC VOCABULARY
6. Exercise, etc.
Note – From week to week, choose the most relevant specific vocabulary with appropriate chart or illustration.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to –
- identify new and unfamiliar words in texts and stories read.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussing new words and their meanings.
- find the meaning of the new words.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out the meaning of words in a dictionary.
- correctly use the new words in own speech.
Pupil’s Activities – Use words in new sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of words.
2. correctly use new words in own speech and
3. demonstrate correct use of 100-300 words in own speech.