Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Monitor and Printer as Output Devices (Primary 3)
TOPIC – COMPUTER SPEAKERS AS OUTPUT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer Speakers
3. Description of Computer Speakers
4. Uses of Computer Speakers
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and describe the computer speakers.
2. state the uses of computer speakers.
Computer Speakers and Radio Speakers
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Computer Speakers or chart showing computer speakers.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Display a functional computer system (if available) or chart showing computer monitor and printer for the pupils to identify computer speakers as output device and compare the computer speakers with radio speakers.
Pupil’s response – Identify and compare computer speakers with radio speakers.
Teacher’s remark – Computer speakers is an output device that looks like radio speakers. It produced data as sound. Give a great cheer for active response and comparison. Play a children video or music with the computer system and let the pupils listen and describe the uses of computer speakers.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF COMPUTER SPEAKERS
Computer speakers are output device that are connect to a computer system to produce sound.
Computer speakers looks like radio speakers.
USES OF COMPUTER SPEAKERS
1. It enhances computer sound.
2. It is used for entertainment while working.
3. It enhances gaming performance.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system for pupils to identify computer speakers as input device.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe computer speakers.
3. Plays a children music or video.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and state the uses of computer speakers.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe computer speakers as an input device.
2. state the features of computer speakers.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ are output devices that are connected to a computer system to produce sound.
A. Radio speakers
B. Any speakers
C. Computer speakers
2. Computer speakers looks like _______________ speakers.
3. A computer speakers are output devices that are connected to a computer system to produce _______________.
4. Computer speakers and radio speakers are output devices.
C. Yes, computer speakers. No, radio speakers
Hint – both are output devices.
5. _______________ speakers output devices that are _______________ to a computer system to _______________ sound.
A. Computer, disconnected, produce
B. Complete, connected, produce
C. Computer, connected, produce
6. Computer speakers enhance _______________ performance.
7. Computer speakers are used for _______________ while working.
8. Which of the following is an output device?
A. Radio speaker
B. Computer keyboard
9. Which of the following is not an output device?
A. Radio speaker
C. Computer mouse
10. Which of the following is not computer output devices?
A. Radio speakers
B. Computer speakers
C. Computer monitor