Last Updated on November 21, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD’S PROMISE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Christian Religious Studies (Primary 2)
TOPIC – THE PROMISE OF COMFORTERS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Comforter
3. The Person of the Holy Spirit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain comforter and the person of the Holy Spirit – John 14:26; 15:26.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Pictures of believers worshipping and praying
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I need. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Reading – John 14:26; 15:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.
MEANING OF COMFORTER
Reading – John 14:26; 15:26.
Comforter is the Holy Spirit that teach, strengthen and comfort the children of God.
MEANING OF THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
The person of the Holy Spirit is the third person of God or final name of God – The Father, The Son and Holy Spirit.
The person of the Holy Spirit is the continuous presence of God on earth and among the people of God.
THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ACTS 1:1 – 8
Reading Text – Acts 1:1 – 8 to give account of the promise of the Holy Spirit.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the bible passages on the comforter and the person of the Holy Spirit.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and ask questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what they understand by the Holy Spirit.
2. Discuss the person of the Holy Spirit.