Last Updated on May 8, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Danger of not Caring for the Mouth | Dangers of sharing Toothbrush or Chewing sticks Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
TOPIC – PERSONAL HEALTH RULES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Personal Health Rules
3. Roles of Good Health in Growth and Development
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the rules for healthy living.
2. state roles of good health in development and growth.
The pupils can state the basic personal health such regular bath.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart of rules for healthy living.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing children taking bath, wearing good cloth, cleaning the environment and drinking the good water for the pupils to discuss the reasons for each content of the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Pupils view.
Teacher’s Activities – Each child on the chart obeyed different parts of the personal health rules. For healthy living, we must do the same thing. Discuss the meaning of personal health rules and its roles in growth and development.
MEANING OF PERSONAL HEALTH RULES
Personal health rules are rules set to ensure personal hygiene or cleanliness.
For example, taking your bath regularly, brushing your teeth twice a day, washing your hand after toilet, etc.
RULES FOR HEALTHY LIVING
1. Wash and clean various parts of the body
2. Wear clean clothes.
3. Maintain good health habits at home and at school.
4. Always clean your surroundings.
5. Drink only clean water.
6. Work hard and play well.
7. Regular exercise, etc.
LESSON 2 – ROLES OF GOOD HEALTH IN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
1. It promotes growth and development.
2. It boosts learning.
3. It reduces injury risk.
4. It improves attention and behaviour.
5. It prepares the body for another day.
6. It improves productivity.
7. It improves and increases the quality of life.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning personal health rules.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Discuss each of the health rules with pupils.
4. Discuss the roles of good health in growth and development.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask the pupils to:
1. explain personal health rules.
2. mention 5 rules.
2. mention 3 roles of good health in growth and development.