Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Functions of Drama II (Primary 5)
TOPIC: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF APPRENTICESHIP
1. Meaning of Apprenticeship
2. Types of Apprenticeship
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. define apprenticeship.
2. state the types of apprenticeship.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart of Different Apprentices Jobs and Trades
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (APPRENTICESHIP)
MEANING OF APPRENTICESHIP
Apprenticeship is a traditional system of training a person to learn an art, trade or job by experience under skilled or professional worker.
TYPES OF APPRENTICESHIP
1. Father – son apprenticeship – mainly for family’s members. An outsider may not be accepted.
2. Mother – daughter apprenticeship – mainly for family’s members.
3. Master craftsmanship/apprenticeship – on crafts training, learning the art of making. It is open to anybody.
4. Master trade apprenticeship – on trade training, learning the art of buying and selling. It is open to anybody.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 7 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what apprenticeship is.
Pupil’s Activities – Defines apprenticeship.
3. State and discusses different types of apprenticeship.
Pupil’s Activities – List and participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the definition of apprenticeship.
2. list any four (4) types of apprenticeship.