THEME: PRODUCE PROCESSING AND MARKETING
TOPIC – EXPORT PROMOTION IN AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA
1. Meaning of Export Promotion
2. Export Produce in Nigeria
3. Benefits of Export Promotion
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what export promotion is.
2. identify Nigerian export produce.
3. state the importance of export promotion.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Posters and charts on export promotion.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF EXPORT PROMOTION
Export promotion is the process of encouraging sale of Nigerian produce in other countries.
EXAMPLES OF NIGERIAN EXPORT PRODUCE
2. Palm produce
3. Hides and skins
4. Cassava crops
BENEFITS OF EXPORT PROMOTION
1. It attracts foreign exchange (money).
2. It serves as additional market outlet to farmers to earn income.
3. It encourages farmers to increase the quality of agricultural productivity.
4. It improves the farmer’s standard of living.
5. It makes agricultural very attractive.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions;
2. Guides classroom discussion on export promotion in agriculture.
Student’s Activities – Participate in class discussion on export produce.
3. shows samples of export produce.
Student’s Activities – Identify agricultural export produce.
4. Give a board summary.
Student’s Activities – Copy board summary.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of export promotion.
2. list 5 Nigerian export produce.
3. mention 2 benefits of export promotion to agriculture.