THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Dangers of not Caring for the Ears and Nose Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
TOPIC – EAR AND NOSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Cleanliness of the Ear and Nose
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Tests)
By the end of the lesson, most the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. show their ear and nose.
2. mention the functions of the ear and nose.
3. mention the materials for cleaning the ear and nose.
4. clean their ear and nose properly.
The pupils can identify their ears and nose and state their functions.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of materials for cleaning the ear and nose e.g. handkerchief, face towel and cotton ball.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the previous lesson – Materials for Cleaning the Ears and the Nose Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics, ask the pupils to state the materials for cleaning the ears and the nose.
Pupil’s Activities – State the materials for cleaning the ears and the nose.
Teacher’s Activities – It is very important to care and clean our ears and nose from time to time. Discuss and write ways of caring for the ears and nose.
WAYS OF CARING FOR THE EARS
1. Cleaning After bath.
2. Cleaning with the right materials – cotton ball.
3. Ask your parents for help if you can’t.
4. Report any pain or any particles got inside your ears.
5. State away from noise.
LESSON 2 – WAYS OF CARING FOR AND THE NOSE
1. Cleaning After bath.
2. Use the right materials – handkerchief or face towel.
3. Report any pain or any particles got inside your ears.
4. Stay away from dust and smoke.
5. Use nose mask in the case of dust.
Find out the functions of the eyes.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays materials for caring the ears and nose.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify materials for caring the ears and nose.
3. Discusses the dangers of sharing these personal items.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
4. Discusses the proper way of caring the ears and the nose.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice caring the ears and the nostrils.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. point their ears and noses.
2. mention 2 functions each of the ears and the nose.
3. mention one material for cleaning the nose.
4. state 2 ways of caring for the ears and the nose.