THEME – NUMBERS AND NUMERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for MATHEMATICS Week 1 to Week 12 Primary Schools
TOPIC – COMMON MULTIPLES AND LEAST COMMON MULTIPLE (LCM)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. write out multiples of Numbers up to 9
2. identify common multiples in numbers.
3. find the LCM of 2-digit whole numbers;
4. solve quantitative aptitude problem on LCM.
Multiplication table up to 12 x 12.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Charts of factors of numbers.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to find LCM of two digit number.
Pupil’s Activities – Find LCM by use of factor method
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. obtain LCM of two numbers by identifying the lowest of the common multiples.
2. find the LCM by factor method.