Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC – Guide to Good Essay Writing
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Utter coherent.
- Distinguished between narrative descriptive and argumentative writing.
- Write short narrative, descriptive and argumentative compositions.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of suitable reading materials to serve as models.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Holds discussion with pupils and lets them do more of the talking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practise writing the description of persons, places animals and things.
- Allows style to come to pupils without formally introducing it.
- Pupil’s Activities – Write an account of poem read.
- Does not insist on length.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practise expressing their opinions, preferences and views in simple language.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to write good essays on narrative, descriptive and argumentative topics.