RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – REASONS FOR TAKING SUBSTANCES
TOPIC – EFFECTS OF TAKING SUBSTANCES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention the effect of taking substances into the body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures posters showing the effects of substances on the body.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFY THE EFFECTS OF TAKING SUBSTANCES
- Stomach pain
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Uses stories to highlight effects of taking substances into the body.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s stories and make comments.
- Asks pupils to narrate their experience of taking substances into the body.
- Pupil’s Activities – Narrate their own experiences of taking substances into the body.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention 4 effects of taking substances into the body.