My name is Jire, l live with my parents and two brothers in Abuja. l am in
primary five and my brothers, Mayowa is in primary 3, My baby brother, Bode is only five months old. He stays at home with mother.
l go to a girl’s boarding school in Abuja. So l see my family only on weekends and during school holidays. l share a dormitory with four other girls . We are all good friends and so l always have someone to talk to. l never feel lonely when l am away from my friend. l love my school.
My teacher is Mrs Paul. She young and pretty but she is very strict. We cannot misbehave in her class and we always do our home work. It is good that she is strict , because we all pay attention in class and do well in ours exams.
a. Where do Jire’s parents live?
b. What are her brother’s names?
c. When does Jire see her family?
d. Where does Jire sleep during the week?
e. Do you think a strict teacher can be kind ? Why?
Fill in the gaps with the correct answer.
1. Hare ran ________________ while tortoise went ________________.
[a] quickly & slowly
[b] good & bad
[c] sit & run
2. The girl ________________ won the race, was excited.
3. The girl ________________ when she saw the blood.
4. She was ________________ when the phone started ringing.
5. My brother slept early ________________ he could get up early.
[a] so that
6. They stayed here overnight ________________ it was too late to go home.
7. She could read, couldn’t she?
[a] Yes, she can
[b] Yes, she could
[c] No, she cannot
8. ____________ is the longest ruler among the three.
9. Have you seen _____________ exercise book?
10. l saw a ________________ of stars in the sky last night
11. They poured ________________ water into vase.
[b] a few
12. Can l borrow ________________ calculator? ________________ is not working.
[a] you, my
[b] your , mine
[c] your, l
13. Halimah, with her friend, ________________ taking part in the contest.
14. ________________ uncle of mine is visiting me next week.
15. The timid boy finally sang a song in front of a ________________ of teachers.
Attempt all questions
2. Use the words in the boxes to complete the sentences: who, which, when, where, that.
a. The man ________________ lives in the blue house old.
b. The cat ________________ had eight kittens, belongs to my sister.
c. We will find new homes for the kittens ________________ they are six week old.
d. The dog ________________ barks a lot chased the cat up the tree.
3. Circle the verb phrases below:
a. Flora bought cakes on the way to school.
b. The small baby drank from a bottle.
c. The cakes were in a brown packet.
d. My friend, Rasta, sngs when he is happy.
4. Arrange these following sentences to make meaning:
a. good quality baskets are of Nigerian
b. Woman the beautiful is
c. is the taller Rita of the twins
d. the does how not teach know to teach
5. Use a, an or the in the sentences below:
a. Mr Ekwensi drove ________________ old silver BMW car.
b. Have you seen ________________ new school gates.
c. At 6 O’ clock in the morning, ________________ sunrises.
d. She gave me two mangoes and ________________ apple.
6. Complete each of the following sentences by choosing the correct word from the brackets:
a. l was standing ________________ the road to ________________ tomatoes (buy, by).
b. The woman and his ________________ worked under the ________________ (sun, son).
c. The man ________________ his motorcycle on the ___________ (rode, road).
Choose one out of these three letters
1. Write a letter to your friend and tell him / her about your new school.
2. Write a letter to your local government chairman, tell him about the problem you are facing around your community.
3. Write a composition on this; “ A female child is more useful than male child “
Welcome! We believe teachers inspire our future. CRN (ClassRoomNotes) is a website FOR TEACHERS BY TEACHERS, and we aim to continuously inform and encourage teaching! All materials are subject to TERMLY review. Eko Quizzes Now available at ekoquiz.com.