ENGLISH STUDIES – STRUCTURE
TOPIC: Expressing Function of Object
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to practice and master each of the three alternative constructions using examples from their experience.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Suitable materials from other sources.
- Model letter expressing gratitude
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
EXPRESSING FUNCTION OF OBJECTS
Expressing gratitude by letter for favour such as –
- To aunt for having the nephew during holiday.
- To a sister for sending money, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to acquire appropriate style or writing.
- Gives an outline of a letter of gratitude.
- Pupil’s Activities – write a letter of gratitude following the outline formate given by the The teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Make correct sentences and statements in controlled writing.
- Write letters using the correct format and correct language.