Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE PRESENCE OF THE RISEN CHRIST IN THE CHURCH
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Is With Us I – Ways To Show That Jesus is Present With Us (Primary 4)
TOPIC – BENEFITS OF JESUS PRESENCE WITH US TODAY
1. Benefits of Jesus’ Presence in Psalm 121
2. Benefits of Jesus Presence with Us Today.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list the benefits of Jesus presence with us today.
2. discuss what Jesus can do for us according to the Psalm 121.
3. Recite the memory verse, Mathew 28:20
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. A portrait of Jesus
3. Mathew 28:20 written on chart
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Monday (12:40 AM – 01:20 PM)
Friday (10:20 AM – 11:00 AM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
The Atonement Blood of Christ, and His resurrection to life, gives unlimited access to all the benefits of God’s presence — all that He is, and has, and can do for us. God is ready to do anything for us without cost in Christ Jesus.
BENEFITS OF GOD’S PRESENCE ACCORDING TO PSALM 121
1. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
BENEFITS OF JESUS PRESENCE WITH US TODAY
1. Faith in God – Romans 10:17
“Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God”
2. Wisdom – Proverbs 2 : 1 – 1
3. Filling with the Holy Spirit Ephesians 5 : 18
5. Prevention from backsliding – Isaiah 55 : 6 – 7
6. Spiritual Strength and encouragement – Isaiah 40 : 31
7. Divine Rest Psalm 37 : 7
“Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him”
8. Freedom from Sin having a pure heart – Psalms 51 : 10 – 11
9. Help during troubled times – Psalms 46 : 1
10. Salvation, deliverance, and victory Psalm 40 : 1 – 4a
11. Visit – Ten Benefits of Being in God’s Presence
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads the Bible passages in column with the pupils.
3. Summarizes and explains the passage.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s summary.
4. Discusses what Jesus can do, according to Psalms 121.
Pupil’s Activities – State the things Jesus has done for them.
5. Leads pupils to learn the memory verse – Mathew 28 : 20
Pupil’s Activities – Memories and recite – Mathew 28 :20
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the Bible passages.
2. mention what ways Jesus is with us.
3. mention what Jesus has done for you.
4. recite the memory verse.
6. sing songs like, I have a very big god oh.