Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM ENGLISH STUDIES EXAMINATION
TOPIC – Writing Email and Text Messages
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
1. read e-mail and text messages;
2. send e-mail and text messages and;
3. identify what the essential and non-essential messages are.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Computer, mobile phone and Course Book/Dictionary/Pictures
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English Book 6, page 125 E
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WRITING EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGES
Texting (text messages) is a process of writing and sending an instant message to someone’s phone.
Email is is a process of writing and sending a message to someone’s email address.
MERITS OF WRITING E-MAIL AND TEXT MESSAGES
a. Rapid delivery because of urgency of the message to be sent.
b. Economy i.e. saving cost.
c. Clarity and completion of message.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English Book 6,
page 125 E
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to read e-mail and text messages;
3. Pupils’ activities – Pupils Read e-mail and text messages.
4. Guides pupils to send e-mail and text messages by put all essential details.
5. Pupils’ activities – Prepare a message, send e-mail and text messages.
6. Guides them to identify what the essential and non-essential messages are;
7. Leads them to discover information for themselves narrating the facts.
8. Pupils’ activities – Consult the teacher for advice at any time.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
write/send e-mail messages and write text messages.