Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – REASONS FOR GIVING NATIONAL HONOURS
TOPIC: National Honour Awards
TOPIC: Valuing Nigerian Goods
Value is the extent to which a good or service is perceived by its customer to meet his or her needs or wants, measured by customer’s willingness to pay for it. It commonly depends more on the customer’s perception of the worth of the product than on its intrinsic Value.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to identify reasons why we should value Nigerian goods.
- The pupils are required to already have learned to buy and sell.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Samples of Nigerian goods.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
VALUING NIGERIAN GOODS
Nigerian goods are goods Made in Nigeria. We must give value to made in Nigeria goods and services. We must encourage their usage, by buying them and promoting their use.
GOODS MADE IN NIGERIA
BENEFITS OF VALUING NIGERIAN GOODS
- Valuing Nigerian made goods brings:
- National pride, contentment, hard work, better life, employment;
- Increase in growth and development;
- Increase our domestic production and encourage the consumption of them.
- Bridge the gap between the rich and the poor.
- Conservation of Nigeria’s foreign reserves,
- Value creation for Nigeria’s economy,
- Boost technology transfer/development.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils in discussion;
- Pupil’s Activities – List Nigerian goods they like and which can be sold to others.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Values that Promote Peace
Pupils to: give two reasons why Nigerian goods are to be preferred and their uses.
CIVIC EDUCATION FIRST TERM THIRD WEEK BASIC 6