Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- identify verbs;
- use verb in making sentences.
- The pupils are required to already have learned in their lesson – pronoun.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Real objects
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Books
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
Related posts: nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs. Scheme of work – first term – second term – third term. Seventh week lesson outline.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – VERBS
A verb is an action word or doing word that shows an action, an event or a state.
TYPES/IDENTIFICATION OF VERBS
- Main verbs – Main verbs are also known as action verbs. They are used to express action. Something that an animal, a person or a thing does.
- My future is bright.
- He feels scared.
- Eze goes to school.
- The policeman is here.
Auxiliary verbs or Helping verbs – Auxiliary verbs are used to support or help the main verbs.
- He is writing a letter – is: auxiliary verb, writing: main verb.
- She is eating a banana – is: auxiliary verb, eating: main verb.
- They are playing football – are: auxiliary verb, playing: main verb.
- The teachers are marking the answer sheets – are: auxiliary verb, making: main verb.
Identify all the verbs in the following sentences:
- Mrs Makelemi speaks kindly to her Pupil’s.
- Taiye and Kehinde are wearing a clean and well – ironed uniform.
- Michael is flying a kite.
- The children are play under a tall tree
- Seun sleeps in the biggest room.
Sentences building – construct five sentences using the following verbs:
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains verb;
- Guides pupils to identify verbs;
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify verbs.
- Guides pupils to use verbs in sentences;
- Pupil’s Activities – Use verbs in making sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – Adverbs
- identify verbs in sentences;
- make correct use of verbs.