PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
THEME: PHYSICAL FITNESS AND CONDITIONING PROGRAMMES
TOPIC: PHYSICAL FITNESS
Physical fitness is the state of health and well-being of a person.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the meaning of physical fitness.
2. state some health related physical fitness exercises.
The pupils are required to already have learned to school inter house sport.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts and pictures, mats, whistle video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Physical fitness is the ability to perform a certain sports, occupations and daily activities. This can be carried out through proper diet, moderate exercise and sufficient rest.
- Push clips
- Bent knee
- Sit up
- Sit and reach
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what physical fitness is.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and explain the meaning of physical fitness.
3. Lists the health related physical fitness exercises.
Pupil’s Activities – List related physical fitness exercises.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain the meaning of physical fitness.
2. state some of the physical fitness exercises.