Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – RESOURCES PRESERVATION (SAVINGS) – PRIMARY 5
TOPIC: CAUSES OF POOR SAVINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify causes of poor saving.
The pupils are required to already have learned resources preservation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart of families with small and large size.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Saving is money set aside for future purposes. Money can be save in a bank account, a pension account, an investment fund, or as cash. Everyone is expected to save money for the future.
Poor saving is the inability to save as expected.
CAUSES OF POOR SAVINGS
There are a lot of reasons why people are unable to save money. These include –
2. Low income
3. Inappropriate financial planning
4. Inability to manage income properly
5. High level of spending
8. Poor health
9. Physical disability
10. Lack of support
11. Having too many financial responsibilities.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to discuss causes of poor saving.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussing causes of poor saving.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – resources development.
Pupils to mention 5 causes of poor saving.