Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
THEME: PERSONAL SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON – IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY EFFORTS FOR HEALTH PROMOTION (Primary 4)
TOPIC: COMMUNITY EFFORTS FOR HEALTH PROMOTION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. list health services in the community.
2. enumerate examples of community efforts in the health promotion.
The pupils are required to already have learned to uses of aids materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of posters, charts, newspapers/magazines and video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
HEALTH SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY
It is the modern way of treating people when they are ill.
It is the old method of treating or preventing sickness.
EXAMPLES OF COMMUNITY EFFORTS FOR HEALTH PROMOTION
1. Provision of pipe borne water supply.
2. Provision of rural electrification.
3. Mobilisation for immunisation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to list community efforts for health promotion.
Pupil’s Activities – participate in class discussion.
3. Writes summary of discussion on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – write notes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – environmental health.
Pupils to list three community efforts for health promotion.