BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Colour (Primary 1)
TOPIC – ROAD TRAFFIC LIGHT SIGNS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. observe road traffic light and identify their colours.
2. draw road traffic signs.
Red, blue, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
identify and state the various road traffic lights by their colours.
draw road traffic signs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays the chat of Traffic Lights for to and describe.
MEANING OF TRAFFIC LIGHTS SIGN
Road traffic lights sign are lights used to control the movement of traffic.
They are placed on roads.
The different colors of lights tell drivers what to do.
ROAD TRAFFIC LIGHTS SIGN AND COLOUR
LESSON TWO – DRAW AND COLOUR TRAFFIC LIGHTS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Draws/presents picture of road traffic signs for pupils to observe.
3. Takes pupils to observe various road traffic. signs in their location.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe road traffic signs.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and state the various road traffic lights by their colours.
2. draw road traffic lights sign.