Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – TRAINING THE POPULATION TO BE HEALTHY AND PRODUCTIVE – LABOUR FORCE (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: WATER AND AIR TRANSPORTATION
1. Means of Water and Air Transportation
2. Problems of Water and Air Transportation
3. Solutions to the Problems of Water and Air Transportation
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. identify and list means of transportation used on water, and the places where they are used;
2. list problems of water transportation in Nigeria;
3. list problems of air transportation in Nigeria;
2. explain how these problems can be solved.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of some means of water/air transportation
2. Maps showing airports and air routes, river – ports and seaports.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Related Posts on water – water cycle basic 5, water projects in Nigeria basic 6, water transportation basic 4, reasons for water scarcity.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Transportation is the movement of people and goods from one place to another by land, water or air.
WHAT ARE THE MEANS OF WATER TRANSPORTATION?
Water transportation is the movement of people and goods from one place to another by water. The means of water transportation in Nigeria are –
WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS OF WATER TRANSPORTATION?
1. Few seaports and ships
2. Sea weeds
3. Bad weather
4. Poor maintenance
5. Old equipment
WHAT ARE THE MEANS OF AIR TRANSPORTATION?
Air transportation is the movement of people and goods from one place to another by air. The means of air transportation in Nigeria are –
WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS OF AIR TRANSPORTATION?
1. Few planes
2. Few skilled pilots
3. Few airports
4. High maintenance cost
5. High fares
6. Climate effects
HOW THESE PROBLEMS WATER AND AIR TRANSPORTATION CAN BE SOLVED?
1. Purchase of more planes, ships and boats.
2. Train more pilots and engineers.
3. Build more airports and seaports.
4. New and up-to-date equipment should be installed.
5. Properly and timely maintenance.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses and Enumerates the problems of water and air transportation in Nigeria;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss means of transportation used on water and in air in Nigeria.
3. Guides the pupils to list the means of transportation on water and on air;
Pupil’s Activities – Indicates 3 seaports and 4 main airport on a map of Nigeria.
4. Guides pupils to the problems of water and air transportation;
Pupil’s Activities – Find out the problems of water and air transportation in Nigeria and list them.
5. Leads a class discussion on ways to solve these problems;
Pupil’s Activities – Suggest solutions to these problems
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 3 means of transportation used on water and air;
2. list 3 problems of water transportation in Nigeria;
3. state 3 problems of air transportation in Nigeria;
4. mention 3 means of transportation on air;
5. explains how these problems can be solved.