Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – DIVISION OF LABOUR IN AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC – DIVISION OF LABOUR AND AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY
1. Why Division of Labour is Necessary in Agricultural Industry
2. Problems of Agricultural Industrial
3. Solutions to the Problems of Agricultural Industry
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain why division of labour is carried out in agricultural industry.
2. state the problems of agricultural industry and their solutions.
3. give examples of division of labour in school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Farm tools – hoe, cutlass, etc.
2. Farm products like yam, onions, etc.
3. Chart of farm equipments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Division of labour is a situation where a worker or group of workers work on different aspects of job. That is, dividing a job among the workers.
Agricultural industry is the production of food and cash crops, the meat and fish we eat and the wood we use for the furniture in our homes.
WHY DIVISION OF LABOUR IS NECESSARY IN AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY
1. It saves time.
2. It leads to increase in agricultural products.
3. It leads to specialization.
4. Each labour becomes productive.
5. It reduces the price of goods.
6. Workers do not get tired easily.
PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY
The problems of agriculture industrial industry are as follows –
1. Insufficient fund (capital) for the farmers to improve their yield.
2. Pests and diseases affecting agricultural products.
3. Insufficient labour (workers).
4. Pricing problems – low pricing of agricultural products.
5. High cost of agricultural materials like fertilizers and equipments.
WAYS TO SOLVE PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRIES
1. Loan should be granted to farmers at very low interest rate.
2. Farmers should use insecticides and pesticides to control pest and diseases.
3. Farming should be made attractive.
4. Packaging and branding to tackle low pricing of agricultural products.
5. Government should subsidies agricultural materials.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains why and how division of labour is carried out in agricultural industry.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain why and how division of labour is carried out in agricultural industry.
3. Discusses the problems and solutions to the problems of agricultural industry.
Pupil’s Activities – State the problems and solutions to the problems of agricultural industry.
4. Asks pupils to find out different activities practised in the locality. Find out the advantages of division of labour.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out different activities practised in the locality. Find out the advantages of division of labour.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain how division of labour is carried out in the in the agriculture industry.
2. state why division of labour is necessary in agricultural industry.
3. explain how division of labour is out in the agricultural industry and school.