Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – EFFECTS OF OVERDOSE – OVER EATING AND DRINKING
TOPIC – SOLUTIONS TO OVER EATING AND DRINKING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to say what to do to help somebody who is suffering from too much eating,drinking or inhaling.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of posture of children helping sufferers.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – HOW TO HELP PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM FOOD OR DRUG OVERDOSE
- Report to parents, teacher or any adult around.
- Take them to the hospital to see a doctor.
- Drink a full glass of water before eating your meal.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
ACTIVITIES 2 – DRAMA ON HOW TO HELP PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM FOOD OR DRUG OVERDOSE
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Asks pupils to say what they will do to help and summarize their suggestions.
- Guides a play or drama on the topic.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say what to do to help those who eat, drink and smoke too much.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Say what to do to help those suffering from overdose.
- Dramatize the topic.