Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – COMPUTER SOFTWARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING AND EXAMPLES OF APPLICATION SOFTWARE (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to state uses of computer software.
The pupils are required to already have learned about the parts of the computer system which we can see and touch – utility software, applications software
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a computer system with all the necessary software installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to state the uses of computer software;
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer software.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state 3 uses of computer software.