ENGLISH STUDIES – STRUCTURE
TOPIC: SIMPLE PASSAGE OF DIALOGUE AND CONVERSATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Engage in the give and take of dialogue in a passage provided.
2. Read the passage to bring out its meaning.
3. Identify unfamiliar words which occurs in the passage.
4. Use them in sentences of their own.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of course book, supplementary readers, playlet extract from plays.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LEARNING PARTS IN A PLAY
PRACTICE CORRECT SPEECH HABITS – CORRECT PRONUNCIATION STRESS AND INTONATION AND LISTENING
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the topic of the passage with the pupils;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the topic of the dialogue in groups.
3. Treats likely unfamiliar words and structural items;
Pupil’s Activities – Make sentences with words given by the teacher.
4. Reads the dialogue with the pupils;
5. Gets pupils to read the dialogue;
6. Practises pronunciation;
7. Gives oral and written tests;
Pupil’s Activities – Answer oral and written questions
8. Gets pupils to dramatize;
Pupil’s Activities – Memorize and dramatize their parts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to read simple passages of dialogue and conversation correctly.