BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Technologies in the Home – Electrical Gadgets in Technology (Primary 1)
TOPIC – CONCEPT OF TECHNOLOGY
1. Meaning of Technology
2. Technology in Transportation
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say what is technology.
2. mention some technology in Transportation
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Drawing and pictures showing means of transportation.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s Activities 1 – Display charts of different means of transportation and asks pupils to identify each one of them.
Pupil’s respond –
Teacher’s remark – Each of the identified and mentioned are known as means of transportation.
Teacher’s Activities 2 – Asks pupils to state the uses of each means of transportation.
1. Motor, it is used for traveling on land.
2. Ship, it is used for travelling on water.
3. Aeroplane, it is used for travelling on space.
4. Train, it s used for travelling on the railway.
Question – Apart from travelling, what are the other uses?
Pupil’s response – for carrying goods.
Teacher’s remark – The motor, ship, aeroplane and train are used for moving from one place to another whether on land, water, rail or in space.
This movements are called TRANSPORTATION.
Motor, ship, train and aeroplane are technologies in transportation.
Teacher’s Activities 3 – Before the invention of motor, ship, train and aeroplane, what are the means of transportation.
4. Trekking (legs)
People are not moving on water and in space.
MEANING OF TECHNOLOGY
Transportation is the movement of people and goods from one place to another on land, water and in space.
MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION OR TECHNOLOGY IN TRANSPORTATION
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display different means of transportation on land, water and in space.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the uses of each means of transportation.
3. Discusses the means of transportation or technology in transportation.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain what transportation means.
4. Asks the pupils to mention some technology that uses electricity.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and list electrical gadgets in technology.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer all the questions.
1. __________________ make lives and work easier.
2. __________________ is one of the technologies in transportation.
Motor is to land.
3. Ship is to __________________.
4. Aeroplane is to __________________.
5. Train is to __________________.