Last Updated on October 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – HOLY SPIRIT WORK IN US
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 6
TOPIC – THE PENTECOST
1. Meaning of Pentecost
2. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
3. Spiritual Significance of the Day of Pentecost
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what -Pentecost means.
2. describe the events of the day of the Pentecost.
3. enumerate the spiritual significance of the Pentecost.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Biblical illustrations of the day of Pentecost.
2. Drawings of the tongues of fire.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Pentecost is the day of Holy Spirit. Pentecost is the day that the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples of Jesus.
THE DESCENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Rushing wind
2. Tongues of fire
3. Speaking in tongues
SPIRITUAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE DAY OF PENTECOST – ACTS 2:1-13
1. The birth of the church.
2. Fulfilled promise of a comforter
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of Pentecost.
3. Leads them to narrate the events of the day of Pentecost.
Pupil’s Activities – Narrate events on the day of the Pentecost.
4. Explains the spiritual significance of the Pentecost.
Pupil’s Activities – List the significance of the Pentecost.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what is Pentecost is.
2. describe the events of the day of Pentecost.
3. list two spiritual significance of the Pentecost.