CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS – SS 2
Choose the correct answers from the alternatives A – D.
1. Daniel was delivered from the den of Lions for all the following reasons except
(a) his kindness.
(b) his holiness.
(c) God’s love for him.
(d) his faith in God.
2. The faith and courage of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego made Nebuchadnezzar issue a decree that _____________.
(a) all men must worship his golden image
(b) unbelievers must be thrown into the fiery furnace
(c) anyone who speaks against God should be destroyed
(d) the enemies of the three Jews should be demoted
3. “Then Jonah cried to the Lord from the belly of sheol _____________”. Sheol here means _____________.
(a) region of darkness
(b) tempestuous sea
(c) deep sea
(d) belly of the fish
4. The king of Nineveh ordered his people to fast and pray to God in order to _____________.
(a) survive the drought imposed on them
(b) make them victorious over their enemies
(c) avert the punishment for their sinful life
(d) deliver them from penury and want
5. When Amos said, “they sell the righteous for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoe”, he meant _____________.
(a) the economy of Israel was bad
(b) there was no justice in the land of Israel
(c) the poor were sold in the market
(d) the Israelites were greedy
6. According to Amos, a true religion is described as one in which,
(a) feasts and solemn assemblies play important roles.
(b) God is always appeased by sacrifices and tithes.
(c) foods and drinks are served as a mark of love.
(d) justice and righteousness flow like an endless stream.
7. The Priest in Bethel sanctuary when Amos prophesied in Samaria was _____________.
8. King Josiah was regarded as the defender of the Jewish religion, because,
(a) he killed all the priests of baal.
(b) he sanctified the priests of baal at the altar.
(c) he brought down Jeroboam’s altar from Bethel to Jerusalem.
(d) he reformed the corrupt religious practices of his predecessors.
9. The leader of the Jews who rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem after the exile was _____________.
10. ”I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God, rather than burnt offerings”. This statement was made by Prophet _____________.
11. Which of the following ideas was uppermost in the mind of Hosea during his prophecy?
(a) God’s everlasting kindness and mercy for man
(b) the ultimate return of Israel to the Lord
(c) God’s punishment for erring Israel
(d) God’s love for Israel
12. The Prophet that prophesied about the valley of ‘dry bones’ was _____________
13. Complete this statement of Ezekiel’s teaching on individual responsibility; “the fathers have eaten sour grapes _____________”.
(a) and the Lord became angry
(b) and their have joined them
(c) because the prophets gave them
(d) and the children’s teeth are set on edge
14. God rejected Saul as king of Israel because _____________.
(a) he was more involved in politics of religion
(b) he did not destroy the Cannanites along with
(c) he slew Agagi, the king of Amalek
(d) he disobeyed God and in the war against the Amalekites
15. Elijah demonstrated the supremacy of God to the people of Israel by
(a) condemning Ahab for slaying Naboth.
(b) prophesying the death of Ahab.
(c) slaying all the worshippers of baal.
(d) ordering fire from heaven to consume his sacrifice.
16. Prophet Jeremiah foretold the imminent punishment for the Israelites, because they had _____________ the Lord.
17. Holiness is a state of _____________.
18. _____________ is defined as a strong belief in God that He is able to help one to overcome.
19. The contest between Elijah and the prophets of baal took place at _____________ Mount.
20. _____________ and _____________ are examples of people that are greedy as learnt in the bible.
Get more CRS Exam Questions – Third Term Examination Christian Religious Studies SS Classes.
Answer five (5) questions in all.
What was Jonah’s message to the people of Nineveh and how did they react to it?
In what ways are conditions in your country similar to the time of Amos?
Show that Hosea used his personal life as a medium for his message to the people of Israel.
Why did Amos say that, there was no true religion in Israel?
What two suggestions would you give to present day pastors who face oppositions in their work of evangelism?
Give an account of the contest on Mount Carmel between Elijah and the prophets of Baal.