THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (SS 2)
Answer all questions.
1. A system of government in which the Head of State is not the same as Head of Government is ___________ system.
2. In the pre-colonial political system of the Igbos, ___________ was referred to as the oldest titled man.
(a) the Oyomesi
(b) the Obi
(c) the Adaobi
(d) the Okpara
3. The second Republic of Nigeria was between ___________ and ___________.
4. ___________ constitution was not published in 1939 due to the second world war.
(a) Hugh Clifford
(b) Lord Luggard
(d) Bernard bourdilon
5. The father of Nigeria’s nationalism is referred to as ___________.
(a) Lord Luggard
(b) Mungo Park
6. The first political party to be established in Nigeria was the ___________.
(a) Nigerian National Television party (NNTP)
(b) National council of Nigerians and the Camerouns (NCNC)
(c) Nigerian National Democratic party(NNDP)
(d) Action Group (AG)
7. The body responsible for organizing and conducting elections in any political system is called ___________.
(a) independent national electoral commission
(b) electoral commission
(c) commission of electoral officers
(d) National Assembly
8. While the House of Representatives are made up of ___________ members, the House of Senate is composed of ___________ members.
9. The French colonial policy introduced in French speaking African colonies was the policy of ___________.
10. In the pre-colonial political system of the old oyo empire, the ___________ was the son of the Alaafin.
(a) the Abeke
(b) the Afonja
(c) the Aremo
(d) the Ogboni
11. The current Senate president of Nigeria is ___________.
12. The political party that won the 1979 General elections in Nigeria was ___________.
13. A system of removing a sitting executive president in Nigeria is called ___________
14. The major opposition political party in Nigeria is ___________.
15. While the first world war began in the year ___________, it ended in the year ___________.
16. The nearest tier of government to the people is the ___________.
17. The father of colonialism in Nigeria is referred to as ___________.
18. While the northern and southern protectorates of Nigeria was amalgamated by ___________ in the year ___________, the name Nigeria was given by ___________.
19. A system of government based on land tenure is called ___________.
20. In the Hausa/Fulani pre-colonial era, ___________ were the Political Heads of the emirates.
Get more Government Exam Questions – Third Term Examination Government for SS Classes Link
Answer four questions in all.
Question one is compulsory.
A. Give the origin/historical background of Nigerian federalism.
B. Trace the constitutions of the pre-colonial era of Nigeria up to the Republican constitution of 1963.
C. Define colonialism and state three major problems of such in Nigeria.
A. Differentiate between the French Policy of assimilation and the British policy of association.
B. Mention four British and five French colonies in Africa.
A. What is an electoral commission?
B. Highlight five functions performed by an electoral commission.
A. Write briefly on the following political parties in Nigeria’s colonial period;
B. What do you understand by a coalition government?
A. State the immediate causes of the Nigerian civil war.
B. From 1960 till date, highlight all the Republics in relation to the names of Presidents and their periods.