THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS – SS 1
Answer all questions.
1. Goals of business communication include all except _____________.
(a) to improve organizational goodwill
(b) receivers understanding
(c) receivers knowledge
(d) receivers response
2. One of the importance of communication is _____________.
(a) quick dissemination of information
(b) slow payment of information
(c) to facilitate disagreement
(d) chance failure in an organization
3. An advantage of written communication includes all except _____________.
(a) it removes the necessity of personal contact
(b) the receiver can read the message as often as he wants
(c) it provides permanent records
(d) it takes time to prepare
4. In enhancing communication through electronic, _____________ can be used.
5. A legal binding agreement imposing rights and obligations is called _____________.
(a) twp parties
6. _____________ and _____________ make contact valid.
(a) Agent and offer
(b) Offerer and offeror
(c) Consideration and agreement
(d) Telephone and fax
7. The following parties have no contractual capacity except _____________.
(b) mentally disordered
8. Remedy for breach of contract includes _____________.
(a) by performance
(b) the injured party has the right to claim damages
(c) no room for an injunction
(d) payment for commission
9. The principal has the following right over the agent except _____________.
(a) sue the agent for default
(b) take over the secret profit made by the agent
(c) dismiss the agent
(d) exchange the words with the agent
10. A major duty of an agent is to _____________.
(a) obey the principal’s lawful instructions
(b) to make secret profits
(c) create conflict of interest
(d) make open confidential information
11. A contract whereby the employer agrees to pay salary/wages to the employees is called _____________.
(a) contract of employment
(b) contract of employer
(c) contract of business
(d) contract of payment
12. All except one are reasons for government regulations of businesses.
(a) registration of business
(b) prevention of monopoly
(c) revenue generation
(d) protection of consumers from exploitation
13. The full meaning of SON is _____________.
(a) satisfied organization of Nigeria
(b) standard organized Nira
(c) standard organization of Nigeria
(d) standout organization of Nigeria
14. One of the major functions of NDLEA is to _____________.
(a) prosecute drug law offenders
(b) to cultivate and grow drugs
(c) to traffic drugs
(d) regulate and control importation of children
15. A type of goods include _____________.
(a) specific goods
(b) unascertained goods
(c) asertain goods
(d) present goods
Answer all questions.
A. State five reasons why government regulate businesses.
B. List five methods of government’s regulations of businesses.
C. List two functions of these regulatory agencies;
A. What are the differences among the following agents?
IV. General agent
B. State two features of each agent in (2a) above.
Define contract and state four of its features.
A. Mention four importance of communication.
B. State two advantages of written communication.