Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Healthy Living – Care and Functions of the Hands and Feet – Reasons for Washing Hands and Feet – Foot Rot (Primary 3)
TOPIC – CARE AND USES OF CLOTHES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Clothing
3. How to Care of Clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list different types of clothes in use.
2. explain how to take care of clothes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Different clothes made from different fabrics.
2. Laundry materials e.g. soap. Water basin, detergent, etc.
3. Electric iron, charcoal iron.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display different types of clothing for the pupils to identify. Or ask them to state different types of clothing.
Pupil’s Activities – Shirts, trousers, skirts, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for their quick respond. Note the pupils points on the board and lead the discussion on reasons for wearing clothes.
TYPES OF CLOTHING
12. Head tie
13. Night gown, etc.
REASONS FOR WEARING CLOTHES
There are many reasons for wearing clothing, among are –
1. To beautify the body.
2. To keep the body warm.
3. To protect body from dirt and infection.
4. To protect the body against harsh weather.
5. To protect the feet against sharp objects.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to mention types of clothing.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention types of clothing.
3. Discuss reasons for wearing clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state 5 types of clothing.
2. Mention 3 reasons for wearing clothes.