CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Singing Nigerian National Anthem Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Cultural and Creative Arts
TOPIC – TYPES OF CRAFT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Crafts
3. Identification of Embroidery Crafts
4. Meaning (Examples) of Embroidery Crafts
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name different craft works.
2. identify different embroidery crafts.
3. define and give examples of embroidery crafts.
4. produce embroidery craft items.
The pupils can identify some of the craft items.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of embroidery craft items.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information/Read more…
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Craft is an activity involving special skills in making things by hand. Display three (3) different types of craft for the pupils to examine and identify their distinct among these craft.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in identifying the difference among the crafts.
Teacher’s remark – Good work. All the objects represent different types of craft. Engage the pupils to make all the crafts one by one.
TYPES OF CRAFTS
There are three (3) types of crafts, namely –
2. Crafts in the home
3. Drawing of craft items
Teacher’s Activities – Display sample of embroidery craft and ask the pupils to state its materials and tools and describe how it’s made. Finally, guide them to produce embroidery crafts.
Pupil’s Activities – Produce embroidery crafts.
Teacher’s remark – Good job for active participation. This type of craft is mainly design on clothes and other materials.
MEANING AND EXAMPLES OF EMBROIDERY CRAFTS
Embroidery crafts are craft making on clothes and other materials using a needle and thread.
For examples, embroidery crafts are –
1. Table cloth
3. Small purse, etc.
Ask pupils –
1. state 3 types of crafts.
2. What is embroidery craft?
3. State 3 examples of embroidery craft.
Give the pupils clear photocopy of embroidery crafts for them to find out how to make one.
LESSON 2 – EMBROIDERY CRAFTS PRODUCTION
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Provide necessary materials and tools for making embroidery crafts. Guide the pupils to produce –
1. Table cloth
As in production of embroidery craft item.
Show the pupils charts showing crafts in the home, ask them to find out crafts in their home and describe.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts showing different types of crafts.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine and identify types of crafts.
3. Shows real embroidery craft work.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe embroidery crafts.
4. Groups and guides pupils to produce embroidery crafts.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the production of embroidery crafts.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. name 3 types of crafts.
2. describe embroidery craft.
3. give 2 examples of embroidery craft items.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (Test)
1. ____________ is an activity involving special skills in making things by hand.
2. The are _____ types of crafts.
C. A and B
3. Craft is a ____________ works.
4. ____________ are crafts on clothes and other materials.
A. Embroidery crafts
B. Drawing of crafts items
C. Crafts in the home
5. ____________ are materials and tools used for making embroidery crafts.
A. Pencil and colour pens
B. Sewing machine and thread
C. Needle and thread
6. Produce embroidery craft. 5 marks.
Note – Number 6, as produced in the class activities.