TOPIC: Volume of Cube and Cuboid
- Lesson One – Introduction to cube and cuboid
- Lesson Two – Volume of cube and cuboid
- Lesson Three – Problems Solving
- Lesson Four – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- use units to find the volume of cuboids and cube.
- use formula to find volume of cuboids.
- identify the different between cubes and cuboids.
Cube and cuboid occupy space. The space they occupy is called volume. The volume of cube and cuboid is cubic centimetre or cm^3. Cube and cuboid represent square and rectangular faces of a box. The concept of cube and cuboid will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the space an item occupy in a box.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of square and rectangular boxes.
Good examples of cube and cuboid are dice, cube sugar, match box, etc. which the pupils are familiar without the understanding of the volume of those items. This lesson will enable the pupils to understand the volume of square or rectangular boxes.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PLAN ON VOLUME OF CUBE AND CUBOID
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND TEST