PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
THEME: PERSONAL, SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
TOPIC: WASTE DISPOSAL
Waste is unwanted materials are left after used.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the meaning of waste disposal.
- list types waste disposal.
The pupils are required to already have learned to community health.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of posters, charts, dustin, waste paper basket.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Waste disposal is the removal of waste materials that are harmful to health.
TYPES OF WASTE DISPOSAL
1. Sewage disposal
2. Refuse disposal
Other are – Oil waste, Gaseous waste, Domestic waste, Commercial waste, Agricultural waste, Industrial waste and Radioactive waste
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of waste disposal.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and explain the meaning of waste disposal.
3. Discusses the types of waste disposal.
Pupil’s Activities – participate in the class discussions on types of waste disposal.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain the meaning of waste disposal.
2. List two types of waste disposal.