Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – WRITING OF ALPHABET
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
write alphabet from A – Z
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Sing or play different songs on alphabet.
Identify and Write Alphabetical Letters A – B
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays alphabetical chart on the board and at the pupil’s table.
Pupil’s Activities – Looking at the alphabetical letters.
3. Points to a letter on the board and ask pupils to pick the same letter.
Pupil’s Activities – Pick the same letter as the one on the board.
4. Traces and letters in sand trays.
Pupil’s Activities – Trace letters in sand trays.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. name the letters in given prints and
2. match letters printed on cards to names of the alphabet.
3. trace letters in sand tray s.