Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC – Valedictory Speeches
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Read speeches presented at the end of the – in schools clubs, etc.
2. Answer questions set on such speeches.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Prepared valedictory speeches
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Online Information – LAGOSBOOKCLUB, HAMIDLSHERIF
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
VALEDICTORY SPEECHES AT THE END OF THE YEAR CEREMONIES OR AT SEND – OFF PARTIES
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Prepares speeches suitable for delivery at send – off parties and other valedictory occasions;
3. Gets pupils to study the speeches or leads them through those provided in their books;
4. Guides them to study these in groups and individually;
Pupil’s Activities – Study in groups and individually.
5. Lets pupils do a drama;
6. Corrects their mistakes/speeches;
Pupil’s Activities – Take part in the drama and listening to teacher’s mistakes.
7. Asks them questions based on the passage and or your prepared speeches;
Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions set on them.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
read valedictory speeches correctly.