How I spent my Last Holiday – English Writing/Composition for Primary Schools
FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD TERM
TOPIC – HOW I SPENT MY LAST HOLIDAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and able to:
1. use sentences to the narrative composition.
2. write a composition on a given topic.
The pupils can read and write.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture/charts of exciting events.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
HOW I SPENT MY LAST HOLIDAY
I spent my last holidays in Lagos. I stayed at my friend’s house. Lagos is a big and beautiful city. There are many things to see and enjoy in Lagos.
My friend and I went to the harbours and we saw hundreds of ship. We enjoyed the boat rides and visited some of the island in Lagos, which is the Victoria Island. We also visited the Victoria Garden City and the Ajah Shopping Mall.
At night we visited night market and parks. At we went around the city, I saw a lot of beautiful things, clothes in the shops. I brought a few things for my brothers, sisters and myself.
I returned home only one day before my school reopened. I really enjoyed my stay in Lagos.
Source – Success English Composition.com
MY FAVOURITE HOLIDAY ACTIVITY
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the content of the composition with pupils. Each mentioning their own memorable day.
Pupil’s Activities – Talk about their experiences with regard to the event.
3. Let them say why it is memorable.
4. Lets them write it as a creative piece of writing to go on display on the notice board;
Pupil’s Activities – Write two or three paragraphs on their own memorable day.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask the pupil to –
1. narrate their own story;
2. write their own composition on a topic of their interest.
Write a composition on How I spent my last holiday.