Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – LISTENING, SPEAKING AND WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – DESCRIBING A HOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Describe a house.
- Recognise and describe the part of a house.
- Give information about the house they have in mind.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing different houses.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DESCRIBE A HOUSE
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Rehearses with the pupils before hand and leads the discussion.
- Pupil’s Activities – Describe their house following the laid patterns. Discuss the advantages of having a house.
- Organizes team teaching – two teachers with all the pupils together.
- Describes a house.
- Pupil’s Activities – Reports the immediate previous speaker’s description before describing their own. Speak in correct speech flow.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Describe a house or any other object.
- Use correct speech habits – pronounce words correctly, use the correct intonation.
- Say what they like most about the house described.