Last Updated on March 13, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – THE HOME
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses and Cares of Bedroom as a Functional Room in the Home Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE HOME
1. Introductory Activities
2. Description of Kitchen and Store
3. Uses and Cares of Kitchen and Store as a Functional Rooms in the Home
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list the number of functional rooms in their homes.
2. describe the kitchen and store.
3. state the uses and cares of kitchen and store.
The pupils can identify and describe the Kitchen and store.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and charts showing functional Rooms (kitchen and store) in the Home.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing different parts of a home for pupils to identify and describe the Kitchen and the store.
Pupil’s Responses – This is a kitchen and store. Kitchen is the room where we cooked our food. Store is where we keep our foodstuff.
Teacher’s remark – Home a house or apartment where people lives as a family. It has many rooms. Kitchen and Store are also rooms in the home. Based on the previous assignment, discuss the uses and cares of kitchen and store. Write on the board, the contents of discussion.
DESCRIPTION OF KITCHEN AND STORE
A kitchen is a part of the room where we cook and prepare our food.
Store is a room mostly inside the kitchen where we keep our foodstuff, utensils and other kitchen equipments.
LESSON 2 – USES OF KITCHEN AND STORE AS A FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOME
Kitchen is used for cooking and preparing our food.
Store is used for keeping our foodstuff and other kitchen equipments.
CARES OF KITCHEN AS A FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOME
1. Wash all utensils after use.
2. Put all utensils in their place.
3. Sweep the kitchen regularly.
4. Remove the cobwebs.
5. Dust all the kitchen equipments.
1. Sweep the floor.
2. Remove the cobwebs.
3. Arrange the foodstuff and equipments.
Ask pupils to –
1. differentiate between the Kitchen and the store.
2. state the uses and cares of kitchen and store.
Find out –
1. The meaning of bathroom and toilet.
2. The uses and cares of bathroom and toilet..
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts or pictures of functional rooms in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe the kitchen and store.
3. Discusses the uses and cares of kitchen and store.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses and cares of kitchen and store.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. state the number of functional rooms they have in their homes.
2. differentiate between the kitchen and the store.
3. state the uses and cares of kitchen and store as a functional rooms in their home.
1. _______________ a house or apartment where people lives as a family.
2. There are _______ functional rooms in the home.
3. _______________ is a room where we cook and prepare our food.
4. _______________ is a room where we keep our foodstuff and other kitchen equipment.
5. _______________ is a room in the kitchen.
6. _______________ is the different between the Kitchen and store.
A. Kitchen is a room where we keep our foodstuff while store is where we cook and prepare our food.
B. Store is a room where we keep our foodstuff while kitchen is where we cook and prepare our food.
C. Kitchen is a room inside the store.
7. Kitchen is a room inside the store.
8. It is very important to clean the kitchen after use.
9. Always rearrange the store after use.
10. Always mob the kitchen to avoid accident in the kitchen.