Last Updated on April 25, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
PREVIOUS LESSON – What a Christian should do? Or Things a Christian should do Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – THINGS CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT DO
1. Introductory ACTIVITIES
2. What a Christian should not DO?
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
list some things a Christian should not do, and why.
The pupils can state Do’s and Don’ts at home and in the school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Bible picture of the child Jesus.
2. Picture showing reward for obedience.
3. Picture of a prisoner.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
Always lead the pupils to say at least the Lord’s Prayer before the lesson and the grace after the lesson.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing punishment for disobedience at home or in the school for the pupils to examine and describe instant when such punishment.
Pupil’s Activities/Expected Response – When you lie, disrespect, careless, etc.
Teacher’s Remarks – Correct, it is good to be good. But when you disobey, disrespect, lie or stolen something that belongs to someone else, you will be punished. Some punishments are simple such as clogging, etc. While some are extremes such life prison or death sentence. As a sinner, your punishment is forever after death.
Lead the pupils to read Exodus 20 : 1 – 17 and ask them to itemize what a Christian should not do. Write the points on the board.
THINGS CHRISTIAN SHOULD NOT DO
1. Do not worship other gods.
2. Do do make gods for yourself.
3. Do not blow down any gods.
4. Do not called the name of God in vain.
5. Do not work on the seventh days.
6. Do not disobey your parents.
7. Do not disrespect people.
8. Do not lie, steal, and kill.
9. Do not make false accusations against anyone.
10. Do not jealous.
If you obey God, it will be well be and you will live long with God’s blessings and prosperity. But if do any of the above, only God will judge and punish you for disobedience.
LESSON 2 – ROLE PLAY ON PUNISHMENT FOR STEALING
Organize a role play on punishment for stealing.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads in discussion what a Christian should not do.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussions.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Role play on punishment for stealing.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
list 2 things a Christian should not do and why?
As in the lesson evaluation.