THEME – READING AND WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for English Studies (Primary 6)
TOPIC – A FORMAL LETTER TO VILLAGE HEAD HEAD OR ANY OTHER CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. Discuss the various ways pupils can participate in STDS/AIDS control programme in their locality and the care of PLWA.
2. Write a formal letter to the village on the care of PLWA.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts and posters with pictures of PLWA.
3. Source books and texts.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
LAGOS STATE SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY 4 – 6
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS POINTS –
1. Care of person with AIDS – PLWA.
2. Community attitude towards care for PWA (People With Aids).
3. Controlled formal letter to the village on the care of PLWA – People Living with AIDS.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 5
CARE FOR AIDS PATIENTS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Engages pupils in oral discussions on the care of PWA and attitudes towards care for PLWA.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how PLWA can be cared for and community’s attitude towards care for PLWA.
3. Provides leading questions that will serve as guide to pupil’s letter writing exercise.
Pupil’s Activities – Write a letter to the village head informing him about how to care for PLWA in his community.
4. Asks pupils to write the village head on the care of PLWA.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Discuss the various ways pupils can participate in STDS/AIDS control programme in their locality and the care of PLWA.
- Write a formal letter to the village on the care of PLWA.