PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – HEALTH AND HYGIENE – PURIFICATION
1. Proper Ways of Resting
2. Proper Ways of Sleeping
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify proper ways of resting.
2. explain best condition for sleeping.
Rest and sleep
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Bed, Mat, Pillow and cover cloth.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
REST AND SLEEP
Rest is a moment away from work. It allows our body and brain to relax, sleep, or recover strength.
Sleep is the full state of rest.
IMPORTANCE OF REST
1. It makes people to recover their strength.
2. It makes people to think clearly.
3. It makes the body to function properly.
4. It makes the body to feel good.
5. It makes the body ready for the next task.
CONDITIONS FOR SLEEPING
1. Good bed or mat.
2. Good ventilation.
3. Sleep in the bedroom or away from noise.
4. Sleep with colour light or turn off the light completely.
WAYS OF IMPROVING SLEEP
1. Sleep in a noise free room.
2. Sleep early.
3. Get good bed or mat.
4. Sleep in well ventilated room.
5. Free your mind from the day trouble.
6. Exercise regularly.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the best condition for sleeping.
3. Explains the importance of resting.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion of best conditions for sleeping and importance of resting.
6. Explains ways of improving sleep.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explains two best condition for resting.
2. state two importance of resting.
3. explain what ventilated room is.
4. list 3 factors affecting sleep.