Heathy Living – Parts of the Body | How to Maintain Body Hygiene Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING – GROOMING AND CARE OF THE BODY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Home Economics Plan Lesson Notes Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – PARTS OF THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Parts of the Body
3. Maintaining Body Hygiene
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify different parts of the body.
2. explain ways of maintaining body hygiene.
The pupils can identify different parts of the Body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a labeled diagram of the body.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
PARTS OF THE BODY
7. Fingers, etc.
HOW TO MAINTAIN BODY HYGIENE
Body hygiene is the complete cleanliness of the body. That’s, free from dirt and any other body infections.
Good body hygiene habits are –
1. Take a bath regularly.
2. Use clean towel after bath.
3. Wash your clothes and towel regularly.
LESSON 2 – CONTINUATION
4. Wash your after toilet.
5. Wear clean clothes.
6. Take a bath after work or play.
7. Eat good food.
8. Always take good fruits.
9. Drink enough water.
10. Exercise your body.
11. Trim your finger nails and toenails from time to time.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts of parts of the body labeled.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch different parts of their own body.
3. Leads pupils to discuss how to maintain body hygiene.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
4. Summary of the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teachers instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Reasons for Daily Care of the Body – Materials Used for the Care of the Body Primary 3 (BASIC 3) – Home Economics
Aks pupils to:
1. identify parts of the body.
2. state how to maintain body hygiene.