Land as a Factor of Agricultural Production | Meaning/Definition of Land | Characteristics of Land | Rewards | Methods of Land Improvement JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: CONCEPT AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – LAND AS A FACTOR OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
1. Introductory Activities
2.Factors of Agricultural Production
3. Meaning/Definition of Land
4. Characteristics of Land
5. Rewards for Land
6. Methods of Land Improvement
7. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define land.
2. state the characteristics of land.
3. mention the reward for land.
4. list methods of land improvement.
The students can state the importance of land.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of flow chart of production processes.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Agriculture can be defined as growing of crops and rearing of animals for the benefit of man. All agricultural products can be further process into finished goods for easy consumption and preservation.
MEANING/DEFINITION OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
Agricultural production is the use agricultural products to create goods and services for the purpose of satisfying human consumption.
Agricultural products are crops and animals used as raw materials in production processes.
Agricultural products include:
1. Cow for making corned beef
2. Fish for making sardine
3. Cocoa for making (milo and bourvita)
4. Cotton for making clothes
FACTORS OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
Factors of agricultural production is the different resources put together to produce and make different goods and services available for human consumption.
These resources are –
4. Farm manager
LESSON 2 – MEANING/DEFINITION OF LAND
Land can be defined as one of the factor of agricultural production used for cultivation of crops, rearing of animals and agricultural factories.
Land is the free gift of nature available and used in the process of agricultural production.
It includes: plains/mountains, water, forest, air, etc.
CHARACTERISTICS OF LAND
1. It is a free gift of nature.
2. It is fixed in supply.
3. It has no cost of production. Land cannot be produced.
4. The price of land is varies depend on their location.
5. It is not movable.
6. The reward for land is rent.
REWARDS FOR LAND
Land can be bought or rent.
LESSON 3 – METHODS OF LAND IMPROVEMENTS
Land improvements are the actions taken to improve the quality of land and its availability for more usability.
Ways of improving the quality and its availability include –
1. Good drainage system
2. Good irrigation systems
5. Parking lots and walkways
6. Source – Accounting Tools Dot Com
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
Write a short essay on the importance of land.
1. Definition of Labour
2. State the types of labour
3. Reward of labour
Download – Agriculture Scheme of Work Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) Link
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Discuss and state the factors of agricultural production.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion and response to questions.
3. Leads students to discuss the meaning and characteristics of land.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s lead, define and state the characteristics of land.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. Define of land
2. State 5 characteristics of land
3. Mention the reward for land.
4. List 4 methods of land improvement
Labour as a Factor of Agricultural Production | Meaning/Definition of Labour | Types of Labour | Reward of Labour | Importance of Labour JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture