Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES (SPEECH)
THEME – SPEECH
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Links For Primary Schools
TOPIC – SPEECH PRONUNCIATION PRACTICE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to use expression with appropriate stress placement and correct intonation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course books
2. Other relevant materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PRONUNCIATION THE EXPRESSION
1. Listen to the radio.
2. Look at the picture.
3. You can play with the cat.
4. She may look for us.
5. He will ask for the book.
6. Sit ó the next seat.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the pronunciation of these expressions.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher.
3. Gives thorough drilling.
Pupil’s Activities – Repeat the expression after the teacher.
4. Gives pupils more examples for further practice.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice with more examples.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson
Pupils to use given expression with appropriate stress and intonation.